Using an RSP or CRC

Expenditure incurred to a Research Service Provider (RSP) or contributed to a Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) is declared separately in the R&D schedule, and the activities conducted by these organisations related to these expenditures are described separately in the application.

There is a published list of all RSP’s, but we are unable to check all of your service providers, so please confirm in advance and let us know.

Generally, if your annual R&D expenditure is less than $20,000 you cannot apply for the R&DTI. This lower threshold does not apply if that expenditure was with an RSP or CRC.

If the contribution to the CRC is ‘in kind’ such as staff time or facilities used, then the costs of these should be calculated as per the usual R&D rules.